Great Western Railway (GWR) is giving its customers a First Class chance to escape to the country with THE PIG Hotels for two nights of food, wine and luxury.
One lucky winner will have the chance to win a two-night stay at one of THE PIG’s unique and beautiful hotels located on the Great Western network by entering the competition on GWR.com, the GWR app, or on GWR’s Facebook, Instagram or X accounts.
The prize of a relaxing, midweek stay for two also includes a three-course dinner, breakfast, a private wine tasting with the head sommelier, and a kitchen garden tour. A First Class journey on a GWR service will get the winner’s stay off to a smooth start, with complimentary refreshments on board and some of the best train views to be found in the UK.
At heart, THE PIG boutique hotels are restaurants with rooms. There are three PIGs on the Great Western network – near Bath in Somerset, at Combe in Devon, and Harlyn Bay in Cornwall – all nestled in gorgeous countryside. Everything centres around the kitchen garden to create menus full of the freshest seasonal flavours. What can’t be grown on-site is sourced within 25 miles from farmers, fishmongers and foragers – so each hotel retains a sense of place.
GWR Sales and Marketing Director, Amanda Burns, said:
“We’re excited to be able to work together with our friends at THE PIG Hotels to offer the opportunity for one lucky customer to enjoy a unique experience at one of its three locations on the GWR network.
“THE PIG Hotels not only provide people with a relaxing stay in a beautiful countryside setting, but also support local suppliers and really showcase all this incredible corner of the UK has to offer.”
The prize Includes:
- A two-night midweek stay for two people (subject to availability) at either THE PIG at Harlyn Bay, Cornwall, THE PIG near Bath, Somerset, or THE PIG-at Combe, Devon
- One three-course dinner for two guests with a bottle of wine included
- Breakfast for two people on two mornings
- One private wine tasting for two with the Head Sommelier
- One private Kitchen Garden tour with the kitchen team
- Two GWR First Class anytime return tickets for travel on GWR services only
The competition runs from Wednesday, September 27, until 11:59pm, Sunday, October 8, 2023.