From Dewslake Farm Campsite to Kidwelly Castle, the Torch Theatre’s Sunset Cinema will be bringing cinematic treats to iconic locations across South West Wales this summer.
Since 2015, Sunset Cinema has been entertaining thousands of people of all ages as it takes its big screen to some of our most beautiful locations and landmarks across the county. This year is no exception and the Torch Theatre is delighted to announce a great programme of movies and continuing its commitment to access and inclusivity.
The outdoor film screenings will tour to 12 different locations from Friday, July 28 through to Saturday, September 2 showing some great favourite films such as The Greatest Showman to Matilda the Musical.
As a not for profit organisation, the Torch Theatre’s ambition with Sunset Cinema, in partnership with venue partners across Pembrokeshire, is to reach new audiences, taking our high-tech equipment on tour to ensure hundreds of people can enjoy a wonderful night’s entertainment, close to home and accessible for everyone.
Chelsey Gillard, Torch Theatre’s Artistic Directors said:
“We are thrilled to be out and about, across Pembrokeshire and beyond, with Sunset Cinema again this summer. There’s loads of cinematic treats for the whole family at a range of iconic locations across west Wales; from castles, to sunflower fields, to rugby pitches and country parks.
“We can’t wait to be on the road again working in partnership with so many amazing venues and organisations to ensure we give everyone a warm welcome and create unforgettable experiences for communities across the county.”
The much loved outdoor cinema experience is popular with adults and children alike and gives viewers a magical experience under the stars. And it’s not only an opportunity to watch your favourite film, but you can also see what each venue has to offer on a late-summer evening.
Some venues will also offer music, food stalls, a café and bar to enjoy before and during the movie. Each venue is different and should be contacted individually to see what they offer.
Sunset Cinema will go ahead if it rains on the night and will only be cancelled if there’s very strong winds. You are advised to take a warm blanket and chair. Wheelchair accessibility/facilities for those with a disability are available at most venues but it’s advised to confirm with each place.
For further information or to book your tickets, visit torchtheatre.co.uk or call our friendly Box Office team on 01646 695267. Tickets can also be purchased at each venue on the night of the screening.
SUNSET CINEMA TOUR 2023 TIMETABLE
- Friday, July 28 at Milford Haven Port Authority Mackerel stage – Top Gun
- Friday, August 4 at Pembroke Dock Quins RFC – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Thursday, August 10 at Dewslake Farm Campsite – Big Fish
- Friday, August 11 at Hook Sports Club – Top Gun Maverick
- Saturday, August 12 Pembrokeshire Sunflowers, Newport – Grease
- Wednesday August 16 at Twr y Felin – Elvis (2022)
- Thursday, August 17 at Slebech Country Park – The Greatest Showman
- Friday, August 18 at Milford Haven Port Authority Mackerel stage – The Little Mermaid
- Saturday, August 19 at Scolton Manor Park – Paddington 2 @3PM
- Saturday, August 19 at Scolton Manor Park – Jurassic World: Dominion @7pm
- Tuesday, August 22 at Stackpole Walled Gardens – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Thursday, August 24 at Kidwelly Castle – Super Mario Bros
- Friday, August 25 at Kidwelly Castle – Indiana Jones 5
- Thursday, August 31 at Pembroke Castle – Matilda The Musical
- Friday, September 1 at Pembroke Castle – Les Misérables
- Saturday, September 2 at Victoria Hall, Roch – Indiana Jones 5