Tenby junior soccer

By Observer Reporter in Football

Despite the showers, spring arrived for the Tenby Under 10s who entertained a strong Hakin side at the Greenhill astro last Saturday.

And it was Tenby who set-off with a spring in their step, attacking from the start, with Ieaun and Harry both full of energy and causing the Hakin defence many areas for concern.

Logan used the space on the left well and he provided several chances for the Tenby forwards which the Hakin ’keeper was able to cope with. Tenby did not look under any threat during the first quarter, largely down to Nathan always being in the right place when the ball came through the midfield, and to Rhydian, whose desire to win every challenge was evident throughout. Eddie was again at his supersonic best and covered every part of the pitch he needed to be in, at a moment’s notice!

But Hakin became more of a force in the second period and capitalised on two defensive errors to score, with Tenby finding the net only once in reply from an own goal. This, despite new signing Sonny looking very comfortable next to Ollie B in midfield and both of them controlling much of the game.

Keaton again showed his ability to take play from defence to attack with effortless speed and Jobe showed his skills and combined well from the left, with Willem spearheading the attack with great ability. Rhys and Charlie both looked strong in goal and set off many sharp attacks, whilst Ethan continues to develop with timely defensive interventions and his enthusiasm to learn the game.

Into the third quarter and as the game ebbed and flowed, it was Tenby who got ahead with two well-taken goals from their forwards, Ieaun and Harry.

The Tenby team’s passing, often a source of frustration for their coach, continued to improve, despite the speed of the surface. Yet again, though, Hakin weren’t to be kept down and they equalised just before the end of the period to make it 3-3.

This game was becoming a nail-biter for the sidelines, so Ollie B took it upon himself to settle the nerves and ‘smash’ a shot at goal from distance at the start of the final quarter, 4-3 to Tenby.

Tenby then began to dominate and Sonny skipped past a few defenders to send a deflected shot into the net. Willem was rewarded for his persistence and added a final Tenby goal, before a late consolation from Hakin ended an excellent contest.

Well played to both sides, great entertainment all round.

The unbeaten Under 11s travelled to play on the new 4G pitch in Hakin on Saturday. It was great to be able to play on an all-weather pitch as so much football has been missed due to wet pitches.

Tenby, usually quick off the mark, started very slowly, with both teams trying to dominate. Iori was first to score for Tenby, but this was soon followed by a goal from Hakin. At the end of the first quarter, the score was 1-1.

The second quarter saw Tenby regain some composure and the score soon increased, with goals from Dylan K and Morgan, to make the half-time score 3-1.

The third quarter was end-to-end, with some great defensive efforts from the Hakin team.

Two more goals from Toby and Morgan bought the score to 5-1 at threequarter time.

The last period saw Tenby back to their selves and three further goals were created, with a debut goal from new boy Cas and the others from Toby and Kyle. Final score 8-1. Well done boys.

Team: Iori, Kyle, Morgan, Jack, Dylan, Toby, Cas, Jed, Iorri R, Lewis and Leon.

Some of the boys are now eagerly looking forward to their trip to Villarreal, where they will train at the ground with the coaches. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C